Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So December 8th was my step-dad's birthday and he passed away on Feb 10, 2005. I am still pretty upset, I guess you never really get over the death of a loved one...especially when they a re a parent to you. Berley was the greatest man that ever lived. He took my brother and I in when we were young and raised us as his own. I remember him teaching me how to drive, comforting me when the house burned to the ground, taking me to breakfast to TeeGee's (the most God awful restaurant in LaVergne but we went because he liked to show u off to all his friends), taking pictures with me for my proms, buying me my first car and being there at my wedding even though he was so ill. I will always treasure these memories I have with my "Berley bean".

The Measure of a Man

The measure of a man's life is the love's found
To see that love, just take a look around
We love this man- Mr. Berley Holmes
He's at peace now, he's finally gone home

What defines a man is not material gain
It's the hearts he's touched and the good that remains
Berley has given back in so many ways
The good he's done has ensured brighter days

So we'll mourn this loss and we'll miss our friend
But the memories of Berley will never end
God comforted him and helped him pass
He embraced this man as he breathed his last

We all feel the loss and the pain cuts deep
But soon time will heal and we'll no longer weep
By the love of God and His divine grace
We know Berley is in a much better place

We'll think of a memory or hear a certain song
We'll know it's his way of saying "so-long"
And a smile will creep upon our face
For the memories of Berley that time won't erase




No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity