Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Before our annual trip to TN for Christmas we enjoyed a night with Jennifer and exchanged gifts. Our trip only took us a little over 4 hours this time which is really good because getting through Atlanta and Mt. Eagle generally takes a while. Once we finally made it on the 22nd, we met up with Chris O and his girlfriend Jeannie (hope I spelled that correct). Chris moved to Seattle after graduating from art school at SCAD. Jeff and Chris have been friends since they were like 10 years old and Kevin and Brandon (both Jeff and Chris' little brothers) naturally became friends. We enjoyed a night out at Tin Roof 2 in Franklin. You probably can't tell in the picture of all the boys that Kevin is kneeling down to fit in the picture. Kevin and Brandon are both almost 6'5! I feel like a midget around the two of them!

I also got in some much overdue dad-in-law/daughter-in-law bonding with Gary. When I learned he got a lathe for his birthday I got excited. I have always been drawn more toward "men's work" than housework (for lack of better terms). Gary and I made an ink pen out of a piece of maple wood. It will be a memory and a pen I will always treasure. It was so funny because Gary and I were out in the garage woodworking and Jeff and his mom Chris were inside making baked ziti...did I ver mention that Jeff is an excellent chef! :)







No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity